Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Is that a light at the end of the tunnel?




Well, in the world of Law Enforcement, things are always changing. In the time since I wrote the last post and now, which in real time had been about three weeks, the department I work for has had a regime change. The Chief had retired, and a new Chief came in. With that came a change in personnel. This was a good thing for me, because now it looks like I get to keep my job. The new administration appears to be a little more forgiving than the old for what I did wrong.

Well, this is a really strange feeling. I was prepared to leave. I was starting to heal the wounds and get used to the idea that I wasn't going to be a police anymore. Now, after I pay my penance, I will get my gun and shield back.

This whole experience has played heavy on my mind. I have learned a great deal about myself and those around me. I see some people for who they are, and I see what is important to me.

Early on I prayed and agreed to let God take complete control of the situation. I tried to give Him complete control and not to stress. That was the hardest part, the not stressing. I was a beast to live with. I have to give a lot of credit to Mrs. Shackleford, for not kickin' my keister to the curb.

Things aren't all done or set in stone yet, and the deal ain't done, but an end is near. I still have a way to go until my ordeal is over, and I will keep the blog going. 

Check back and visit ole' Shamus, we still have a while to go, and stories to tell.

3 comments:

  1. So happy for you!

    "...the deal ain't done, but an end is near"

    and I'm curious to learn what this will mean. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll give an update soon. But the Important part is I can keep my job, and I will be going back to the road soon.

    ReplyDelete