Friday, May 17, 2013

Been a long hard road....


Well, it's been a while since I've logged in on here, but things have been going pretty good for good ole' Shamus. 

Work is back to being its normal stressful pace but, the typical cop stress, not the running around with a target on your back stress.  

I had been feeling frustrated and paranoid for a few weeks, so I went in to talk to my LT today about some things that are going on.  Long story short, I'm all good. Seems that some of the things I was worried about were just simple misunderstandings. 

So, while I was in there, we had a little chat about my future. I had some reservations about taking the sergeant test this year. LT told me to,go for it. He convinced me that I would be a good Sgt., and that he thinks that I will probably get a fair shake, now that the department is in a rebuilding phase after healing from internal corruption.  So, here we go.  I ordered the books, and will start studying for my third stripe.

In the mean time, I have been thinking about life after the department. I have five years left before I am eligible for retirement.  I have a couple ideas of what I would like to do, one requires a shit-ton of school.  Now, the problem is, my kid will be starting college about the same time I would be getting ready to retire. So add that to the future planning.  

So, here we are, less than a year from almost losing my job and I am getting ready to start studying for the Sergeant test, planning for my life post police after retirement, and learning that I can take a breath and relax a little and maybe not look over my shoulder as much. 

Interesting turn of events this last year has made.

Buckle up.  Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment